Bruce Willis finds tough guy image sometimes works in his favor other times not so much




Having the very recognizable face of an action star is a mixed blessing for Bruce Willis at times. The Hollywood star once worked as a bartender before finding fame and knows how people change when they have a little too much to drink. In an interview with Men’s Journal magazine he explains: “It took me a long time to understand that a lot of guys wanted to be the guy who kicked John McClane’s a*s. And it’s really difficult to explain to someone who has been over-served, ‘No, I’m not that guy.’ ”


On the other-hand he is happy to play up to his tough guy persona when it comes to who his daughters – Rumer, 21, Scout, 18, and Tallulah Belle, 16 – go out with.


He said: “I’m not hard at all. I just tell the boys I want to meet them – that’s the only thing I ask for. I just give them that look, that little look.


“If they bring a little group of guys over to the house to have a pool party or whatever, I just say, ‘Dude, what’s your name?’ And he says, ‘Uh, Cinjun.’ I say, ‘Cinjun, you’re in charge. If anything happens to one of my daughters, I’m coming to you first, and then I’m going to kill all your friends right in front of you, and you’ll be last.’ ”