Keith Richards unmasks Rolling Stones friction in new book

Keith Richards unmasks Rolling Stones friction in new book

Charlie Watts, singer Mick Jagger, and musician Keith Richards
When Keith Richard met Mick Jagger on a train in 1961, neither could have predicted the impact they’d have. Now, after 70 albums, 3 EP’s and 92 singles we’ve got a fair clue. And Keith has summed it all up in a book called simply, ‘Life.’
Born in London in 1943 the now 67-year old guitarist has enjoyed a career most of us could never believe. Or survive. And in 576 honest pages he shares the whole ride;
He tells how he calls Jagger ‘Brenda’ or ‘Your Majesty,’ and how living with the lad with the lips is like coping with ‘an annoying mynah bird.’ But despite a distance that’s developed between them there are still signs of caring;
“In the 80’s Mick started to be unbearable.” Keith writes. “I haven’t been to his dressing room in 20 years. Sometimes I think, ‘I miss my friend…Where did he go?”
The Stones made their debut in London on July 12, 1962. But despite 48 unbroken years of success Mick has also made four solo albums. His last, ‘Goddess in the Doorway’ debuted in 2001, but sales were awful. And Keith might know why.
“It’s like ‘Mein Kampf’ – Everyone had it, but no-one read it.” he tells the Telegraph.
Keith was then asked if he was trying to upset his long-time friend? “We’ve had our beefs but, hey, who doesn’t? You try and keep something together for 50 years.”
But he still wants the band to survive and is ready to tour whenever ‘Brenda’ is ready.
“We’ll be on the road again in the future. Yeah. I think it’s going to happen,” he explains. “I’ve had a chat with ‘Her Majesty.’”
Keith also shares his views on politicians, describing Bill Clinton as “a great man, but a lousy sax player.” He also counseled ex British leader Tony Blair about the Iraq war.
“I wrote him a letter, telling him to stick to his guns. I got a letter back, saying: ‘Thanks for the support’.”
And despite a life tainted by a fondness for drugs, Keith has no plans for an early demise;
“I don’t want to see my old friend Lucifer just yet,” he says. “He’s the guy I’m gonna see, isn’t he? I’m not going to the other place, let’s face it.”
But while Keith would gladly do heroin if he got his life to live over again, he says that “I’ve given up everything now – which is a trip in itself.”
The book debuts on October 26. If you’re a Stones fan – and who isn’t — would you read it?…
Source: Telegraph