Tyler Perry tells Oprah of being molested at age 10


Many people have heard of Tyler Perry. At just 41 he’s already produced eleven movies that grossed over $300-million worldwide. But like most Hollywood players he’s had some dark times in the past.
Tyler perryBrought to public attention by his role in 2005’s ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’ – which he also wrote and produced – Tyler says one enduring memory of childhood in Louisiana was discovering sex at just 10-years old.
During a chat with Oprah Winfrey yesterday, Perry shared memories of sunny Summer day back in ‘79 when he was playing at a friend’s house and the pal’s mom took advantage;
“She throws him in the bathroom and says, ‘You need a bath, and go to bed!’ and she tells me to go home,” Tyler tells the host “I try and unlock the door, and couldn’t. She lies on the sofa, lights a cigarette and puts the key…inside herself, and tells me to get it. So I get it….and we get into it.”
Tyler claims this odd initiation left him ’scarred,’ even as an adult, when he tried to be intimate with women.
“I was so awkward,” he recalls. “I was with this girl and we were about to get into it…and she locks the door. I wasn’t able to make the connection. She’s wondering what’s wrong with me; I’m wondering what’s wrong with me…I couldn’t perform. I went from being ready to not being able.”
And it goes on.
“There’s this other situation where I’m with a woman I really cared about. One day sex is great, the next day she’s in lingerie. I’m all ‘What’s this??’…I never made the connection.”
Tyler later revealed he was also sexually molested by a male neighbor, a nurse and a priest as a child.
And you wondered where he gets his ideas…
Source: Starpulse