Lily Allen claims she’s finished with singing


In what has all the hallmarks of sad, self-serving scandal, Lily Allen is claiming she’s done making music.

The lead singer of ‘Smile’ made the clam on her blog, confirming that she has no plans to release a new album, or ever tour again. “I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record.” she writes. “The days of me making money from music have been and gone. I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade.”

She plans instead to focus on life in the theatre, and is about to open a new play in London called ‘Reasons to be Pretty’, about a group of everyday people who are bored with their lives,  according the UK newspaper, The Sun.

And here comes how you know this could all be just hype:

Her announcement of quitting came out yesterday. Today, her rep is insisting that Lily’s career in music is still alive, “She is not quitting pop music and is still promoting her current album, which is why she said she is not thinking about another record.”

Is it me, or do you smell bull…manure?

This is not even the first time Lily’s claimed that she’s done. Last month she told her six fans on Twitter that, “I’m not going record or tour again for quite a while. I finish up my dates in March and I’ll be ready to do something new.”

So she’s got new album out, a tour that’s ongoing, and a play due to open. Do you think these things might see extra sales if she announces she’s ‘quitting’ and gets loads of free press?

…So do I.

through hotmomma gossip