Taylor Lautner Talks About His Fight Not To Be Replaced For ‘New Moon’

(HMG) – There were always stories among ‘Twlight’ fans about the part of Jacob Black almost going to someone else for the sequel, after it was obvious that Taylor Lautner would be unable to bulk up enough to fill the role once again.
But, as we all already know, he surprised everyone, beefing up over the course of a year, and reprising his role as the Native American werewolf in ‘New Moon’.
Today, he took some time to chat with MTV to talk about what really happened.
“[So] I tried to focus on what I could control the whole time and not let whatever was going on outside get to me. And that’s what I did.
“During that whole time, there was no director attached, so nobody could make that kind of decision or announcement without the director. As soon as Chris Weitz became attached, I had all my work done that I had been doing over the past nine, 10 months; it was all good to go.

“It’s not like I went in there trying to pitch myself. It really got blown into something in the media, but that’s what I try to stay away from. Chris was always extremely supportive, and I was glad to have him behind me.
“My main goal going into this film was to bring alive both sides of Jacob; I wanted to capture and continue what I started in ‘Twilight.’ Jacob is best friends with Bella, and then as soon as I transform, I just completely snap and become a different person. So I really hope that came across. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see and hear from the fans when it comes out.”
I think nearly all Twilight fans would have been upset it Taylor Lautner had been replaced, so it all worked out for the best.