‘Average-Sized’ Model Lizzi Miller Draws Raves

Meet model Lizzi Miller. She’s 20, 5′ 11”, gorgeous and appears in this month’s issue of Glamour. But there’s more. Lizzi is a size 12-14 and weighs about 180 pounds- not at all the stats of the models we’re used to seeing in fashion magazines!  And Lizzi is the picture of relaxation and confidence in her nude body in Glamour’s article about healthy body image. Lizzi tells Glamour, “I’ve been that girl, flipping through magazines trying to find just one person who looked a little bit like me. And when I didn’t find it I would start to think there’s something wrong with the way that I looked. When J. Lo and Beyoncé came out and were making curves sexy, I started to accept myself more. It’s funny, but just seeing them look and feel sexy enabled me to do the same.” The praise of Lizzi has been as strong as the outcry against Self’s recent photoshopped cover. Some readers are already demanding that Glamour put Lizzi on its cover! Lizzi and Glamour Editor-In-Chief Cindi Leive have already been making the television rounds this week- on the Today Show and CNN, to start. What we love about Lizzi’s Glamour photo  is that she appears utterly comfortable at the moment the image was snapped- and she looks like a regular woman. We hope that this is just one more step on the mission to get magazines to represent women of all shapes!

Through healthyhollywood