Chris Brown admits Rihanna attack a mistake


His alleged assault on the singer, Rihanna started a firestorm of speculation and rumor. And now, finally, America will get to hear his side of the story from Chris Brown himself.

In his first interview since the arrest, Chris will appear on CNN Wednesday to tell Larry King the whole sordid deal. He says he still loves Rihanna and has no recollection of the fateful event. Shown Rihanna’s mugshot by King, Chris is clearly still shocked, “When I look at it now, it’s just like….wow. I can’t believe that actually happened.”

In the oft-delayed court case which finally reached trial on June 22, Chris was spared jail time, but sentenced to five years probation and six months of labor, “Nobody taught us how to love each other,” he muses. “Nobody gave us a book on how to control our emotions or anger. I wish now that I could have changed that night.”


But Chris is clear on the issue of cause and effect, “Everything comes with consequences,” he admits. “Now they want me to pick up trash and remove graffiti, and it’s something I’m willing to do.”

During the interview Chris’s mom’s at his side, and she agrees that his acts were unforeseen and unwise, “Chris has never, ever been a violent person…Ever.” she tells King.

So what happens now, the veteran reporter next asks? “He walks the straight and narrow for 5-years,” says Brown’s attorney, Mark Geragos. “And I have a high degree of confidence…that he’s not going to do anything like this in the future.”

The topic of Rihanna and their forced separation clearly touches a large nerve with young Chris. “We’re not together, but if she’s happy, I’m cool. We have to be ten-yards apart but we’ll always be friends,” he muses. “I made a mistake, and it was just something I have to face up to and own.”
Through hotmomma